photo 1400the_zps316fb609.jpg

JSU Alum

JSU development stalls; neighborhood tired of blight

Anna Wolfe , The Clarion-Ledger 5:34 p.m. CST December 16, 2016
Quote
JSU Alum

Working Together Jackson pushing for abandoned structures to be torn down

Quote
houstonpolice
IHL is really not moving a inch for jsu. As horhn said, jsu wouldn't have to pay a penny for the new dorms. But IHL has to have some type of back hand motive behide delaying anything jsu. Smh. Man these dorms have been the hardest thing I think jsu has ever had to attempt to get. Usm was granted two dorms even after there enrollment went from 16k to 14k and also msu was granted dorms this year.. jsu is just growing much to fast for some, if u get my drift.
Quote
JSU in the Carolinas
houstonpolice wrote: IHL is really not moving a inch for jsu. As horhn said, jsu wouldn't have to pay a penny for the new dorms. But IHL has to have some type of back hand motive behide delaying anything jsu. Smh. Man these dorms have been the hardest thing I think jsu has ever had to attempt to get. Usm was granted two dorms even after there enrollment went from 16k to 14k and also msu was granted dorms this year.. jsu is just growing much to fast for some, if u get my drift.

Have you seen usm and msu with depleted reserves? This is a shared responsibility. It's a preconceived bias on top of self inflicted wounds.
Quote
houstonpolice
JSU in the Carolinas wrote:

Have you seen usm and msu with depleted reserves? This is a shared responsibility. It's a preconceived bias on top of self inflicted wounds.
yea I understand all that bra but these same people or shall I say organization has always shown lackluster efforts even when jsu reserves were not low. And do u know exactly as of right now what are usm and msu reserves number wise?
Quote
JSU Alum
I wonder if the IHL knew JSU's reserves were decreasing the past five years and why didn't the IHL ask Meyers to submit a plan to address the downward spiral in the reserves and not wait until the reserves reached the 4 million mark?

I think the IHL wanted Meyers to fail so they could tarnish JSU's image, end Meyers Presidency and bring JSU's growth to a screeching halt!
Quote
JSU in the Carolinas
houstonpolice wrote: yea I understand all that bra but these same people or shall I say organization has always shown lackluster efforts even when jsu reserves were not low. And do u know exactly as of right now what are usm and msu reserves number wise?

I can find it. Just have to do some digging..
Quote
JSU Alum
JSU in the Carolinas wrote: I can find it. Just have to do some digging..
Image result for gif of dog digging
Quote
houstonpolice
JSU Alum wrote: I wonder if the IHL knew JSU's reserves were decreasing the past five years and why didn't the IHL ask Meyers to submit a plan to address the downward spiral in the reserves and not wait until the reserves reached the 4 million mark?

I think the IHL wanted Meyers to fail so they could tarnish JSU's image, end Meyers Presidency and bring JSU's growth to a screeching halt!
you sum the entire situation in one little paragraph. I agree with everything u said
Quote
YEQue
JSU Alum wrote: I wonder if the IHL knew JSU's reserves were decreasing the past five years and why didn't the IHL ask Meyers to submit a plan to address the downward spiral in the reserves and not wait until the reserves reached the 4 million mark?

I think the IHL wanted Meyers to fail so they could tarnish JSU's image, end Meyers Presidency and bring JSU's growth to a screeching halt!


From what I understand, the issue was raised any number of times with Pres. Meyers. It didn't just jump up overnight. The IHL has some real responsibility in this. I don't know about wanting her to fail. They went along with her insistence that she would get things back in line for some time, and that was mainly because she had some results she could point to that suggested she knew what she was doing and could do it. They cut her too much slack in my view, especially with the drip, drip of all the bs and messiness that continued. It got to be too much. After Renick left, she was not able to get a polished Provost to take the job. That was a sign that she wasn't able to attract the kind of strong team you need to have in place. Her position was weakened and they lost confidence. So when the report came in again about the reserves dropping again, it just reached a tipping point.
Quote
houstonpolice
Has anyone heard any good names for president?
Quote
JSU Alum
houstonpolice wrote: Has anyone heard any good names for president?

Ronald Mason
Quote
houstonpolice
JSU Alum wrote:

Ronald Mason
mason wouldn't set foot bck at jsu. Jsu has so much potential and I really mean that. Others who dnt support our university at all see our potential as well and that's y they put a halt on everything jsu. One reason they wanted Myers out. She did not fall for the puppet string they tried to put on her. They saw her as a threat. But please continue to pray for our great university that we r blessed with one of a kind president.
Quote
JSU Alum

Recent attempts to draw attention to rundown, abandoned properties near Jackson State University have proved successful.

Less than two months after community members gathered to urge JSU to address blight near the campus in west Jackson, a nonprofit has agreed to help the university foundation demolish and clean up the properties.

Revitalize Mississippi Inc., and the JSU Development Foundation, which owns the properties, signed a memorandum of understanding Feb. 6. The nonprofit has agreed to demolish the properties within 90 days at no cost to the foundation or university.

Sandra Hodge, foundation director, said Revitalize Mississippi's involvement has allowed the foundation to direct its funds to other university needs like scholarships for students.

"We have resources that would have been able to be put forward to take care of this but never at the capacity to be able to knock down all these structures at one time and be able to have such a mass cleanup of so many properties simultaneously," Hodge said.


 Nonprofit to remove blight from JSU foundation property

Quote
YEQue
houstonpolice wrote: mason wouldn't set foot bck at jsu. Jsu has so much potential and I really mean that. Others who dnt support our university at all see our potential as well and that's y they put a halt on everything jsu. One reason they wanted Myers out. She did not fall for the puppet string they tried to put on her. They saw her as a threat. But please continue to pray for our great university that we r blessed with one of a kind president.

Puppet string? Threat? If there was a threat, the threat was to our university, to which she did harm. She was obviously out of control. The way we get better is to admit when there is a problem. There's no explaining away the $33M big ones that we no longer have but are required to have. That is a problem that can only be traced to the person who did the deed, and that is Meyers.
Quote

Add a Website Forum to your website.